Thursday, July 20, 2006

GOOD DAY

Yesterday was a great day, and I needed it. I'm not going to lie, I've been discouraged by a quite a few things over the past week, but yesterday was a breath of fresh air.

Yesterday was an outstanding day for our youth ministry. We welcomed in several of the new 7th graders at The Break, and we had 23 students. That's the biggest group of students I've ever had at this church! Not only was it a big group, but our leaders stepped up to the plate and made sure that everyone felt welcome. Thanks guys and girls for making my day easier.

Encouraging item #2 was the conversation I had with Shari, Cruz, and Jerry yesterday. I love these folks so much. We sat at Starbucks forever last night just chatting about the things that God is doing in our church and in our ministry.

Encouraging item #3 didn't really happen yesterday, but I want to write about it because I couldn't comment on her site. Thanks for your post, Thespian-Pirate, about your experience Sunday night. I can't tell you how happy it made everyone who saw it. You rock!

3 comments:

Attempting To Follow The Way said...

I'm glad our youth ministry is growing so rapidly, not only i numbers but spiritually as well. This is my 6th year as a youth and this group of youth is the best group just about being open w/ each other and w/ God as well. Thanks you Marc for all the hard work you do. Thanks to everyone, Cruz, Poppa Hill, Shari, and Victoria.

Attempting To Follow The Way said...

new post please????? oh yeah how did that house painting thing go?

Halpin said...

painting the house is at least a three day project, probably more, and I'll get to a new post when I please. Long days and short nights = little time for blogs.