Monday, March 19, 2007

ON TODAY... OH, AND P.S., ON YESTERDAY

I thank God for days like today. I woke up dreading the day. Sometimes Sundays are soooo long. But I love how God can just change your attitude, even when you're not aware that he's already done it. I don't even remember when my attitude changed. Maybe it was in the car on the way to church as I drove with no radio on. Maybe it was when I saw my wife at church. Maybe it was after church. I'm not sure. I just know that somewhere along the line my heart changed, and it wasn't on my own account.

Thus, thanks to God, I really had a wonderful day. We worked hard all afternoon, and we experienced what I thought was a wonderful worship time. Plus, any day I get to spend nearly all day with my wife is a good day.

It's always good to look back on the day and see how God works. On the other side of the coin, it's always good to look back and see how I've pushed God away. Even still, it's especially neat to see when God works in spite of me.

Oh, and P.S...
Yesterday, my wife and I got to go back to Mesquite to hang out with the folks.

I was able to see my little bro (who is a beast and a half) play some baseball. I only saw one of the games he played in, but he played in four. 2 J.V. games, and 2 Varsity. He had a game tying double in the top half of the last inning of the championship game in the varsity tournament (yes, that sentence had way too many prepositions). Too bad they lost the game in the bottom half of the inning.

We also had some wicked good Mexican food with Shari's parents, and some quality home-cooked fishies with my parents. It was a good time in general.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. So hey Mark. Glad you had a good Sunday. You have a great youth group, maybe they made you smile.

So, I had a long answer geard up for the "Fundamentals" post written out. Responding to the appropriatness of your fundamental.

I also had a long responce to the grammer and language games inherent in each religion and their shaping of experience, as a long-winded (kind of like this one) responce to several things in your comments. But I got bored with it, and wrote this long winded post.

Glad you are at Truett (p.s. Its stil my school). Dont forget to come sign up for Preview meals - its this Thursday and Friday.

Halpin said...

I would like to hear your long response sometime.

Anonymous said...

You know how to reach me.