Friday, July 06, 2007

I FEEL LIKE AN ARTIST...

I feel like an artist. I have this strange desire to create some kind of art. I want to write music, I want to paint pictures, I want to write poetry, I want capture everyday life into any kind of artistic venue available. I want to create something that is meaningul. Something that speaks. Something that people enjoy. Something that honors God. The problem is that I don't know how.

I sit down and try write out song lyrics or poetry, but words don't come out. I can't really paint or draw well. I have pictures in my head, but they don't translate from my head to my hand and onto paper. I can play my guitar okay, but, again, I have a problem with fitting the rhythms with lyrics.

So this sucks because I have a strange, deep desire to create something. It's almost a yearning. But this yearning is just not manifesting itself through my vain attempts at artistic endeavors.

Right now the best I can is to pray this prayer....

"God, help me to live life in such a way that expresses the beauty of your grace and your forgiveness, the beauty of your creation, the beauty of your love. I want to live a life that is artistic, that is meaningful, that shows people who you are. A life that honors You. A life filled with your love. God, give me the courage to take advantage of every second of every day, to experience the joy of life, to offer myself to You. I don't have long, Lord. Let me live with truth, with peace, with grace, and with uncompromising love. May my life be a song, a painting, a poem, a drama that speaks of Your unending faithfulness. May You receive everything that is good, and may Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. May Your will be carried through in my life. May others see You through my song."

No comments: