Tuesday, August 08, 2006

PAINTING CATS

So this past week I have had the pleasure of painting Lindsey's condo. But it wasn't just painting, per se. We also had the joy of taking down wallpaper and texturing the wall. When I say taking down wallpaper, though, it seems to give the connotation that this was an easy task, which is hardly the case. It was more like scraping off a few decades worth of plastered on wallpaper - there that's better. It took about three days to get that mess off, and even still, there are traces of the stuff. It was impossible to get it all off. So when we tried to texture the wall last night it looked like poop. That's mainly because the texture we used was subpar at best. We're going to try the whole texture thing again today, but we're going to use a different method. Let's pray for my sanity's sake that it works. I really want this to be our last day of painting. That would be ideal.

Needless to say, it's been an eventful week. I haven't been able to blog because of the whole painting thing. Painting has taken all of my free time that I normally use to get on the ol' computer. But, hey, at least Shari and I got a new cat this week. She looks kind of like the one in this picture. We named her Lois - after Lois Lane if you're me, and Lois Griffin if you're Shari. But you are neither me nor Shari, so I guess that means that you didn't name her. We found her off the street, and she has gotta be less than 6 months old. She definitely plays like a kitten. One thing she likes to do when Shari and I are asleep is run downstairs, then in about 5 minutes sprint back upstairs and attack our feet, then sprint back downstairs before we can do anything about it. She'll do this over and over until she gets tired. Needless to say, Shari and I haven't slept incredibly well in a few nights. She's a very playful cat, almost too playful. At least she's got great personality, though. Normally I don't like cats all that much, but this one acts kind of like a dog (except with really sharp claws that scratch me sometimes), so I like her pretty well.

I'll be back with another post much sooner next time. I realize that it's been over a week. I've just been worn out from blogging. You could say that I needed a blogging vacation. But I wouldn't suggest saying that if I were you because someone might laugh at you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi mmhhhmm this is my first time like blogging so i don't realy know how to do this stuff, well so i was looking on like cutie and funny cat painting and all, so i found this blogging.so yeah i guess i'm ur first blogger! sorry i think it's kind of funny.