Wednesday, June 21, 2006

BIG MISTAKE

It all started on December 30 when I got married. Now it seems that everyone I know is getting hitched by December. Is this my fault or is there something in the air? Here's a quick list of all the people I know that are getting married over the next few months or have already tied the knot.

1 - Josh and Ashley. I played football with Josh in high school, and Ashley was a trainer for our team. Their wedding is this Friday.

2 - Charlie and Ginni. I've known Charlie since the seventh grade and Ginni since high school. They got engaged the same day Shari and I did and got married last week.

3 - Brandon and Autumn. Brandon is one of my best friends. Me and Autumn go way back. I'm particularly excited about these two getting hitched. They've been together longer than Shari and I.

4 - Jeff and Ashley. Jeff. What can I say? Congrats, man. Totally happy for ya! I don't know Ashley that well, but she seems like an awesome girl. Plus, I get to be a groomsman for this one.

5 - Jerry and Julie. What would I do without Jerry Hill? Sports writer. Youth Ministry guru. Awesome dad. Church leader. I'm so excited. These two are a perfect fit.

6 - Tony and Leah. I know Tony from the Baylor religion dept., and we'll be entering Truett together in the fall. They get married in Dec. I think.

I'm sure I'm missing someone. Seriously, though, what's up with all the weddings? At least I get a lot of cake out of this.

PS
A quick disclaimer about the title - Big Mistake. The 6 months I've been married has been the best 6 months of my life. No joke.

No comments: